Here are a few lines spoken by people in county court during the last year:
The stolen car fairy?
- Judge to a lawyer who said his client didn't know how a number of stolen cars had ended up on his property.
Fortunately for you sir, there's not a section for gross dumbness in the Criminal Code.
- judge to a man who reluctantly obeyed police orders to leave an area, yelling "sieg heil" and goose-stepping away.
He is a consumer of judicial services.
- judge explaining the politically correct way to refer to a criminal.
So how old is your twin brother?
- judge to a man who had stolen a car with his twin brother, and who had just identified himself as being 18 years old.
This isn't "Let's Make a Deal." Do you see any doors up here?
- judge to a man who, when asked to choose between a large fine and a short jail term for an impaired driving conviction, wanted to know the range of each to compare them and then decide.