This is a history of my life from the crib to the Web. As it is quite lengthy, you may want to skip down to the end to see what I have been doing recently.
The Pre-school Years
- March 5, 1958
- I was born at the Sanford Memorial Hospital in Sanford, Florida.
- I received my first bath.
- I drank my first meal after birth.
- I cried, pissed & pooped a lot. I think I threw up several times too, but don't really remember.
The Elementary Years
- I spent 6 years at Sanford Elementary School.
- I took my first trip overseas to visit my German Grandparents in Trier,
The Junior High School Years
- I spent 2 years at Sanford Middle School.
- I started to wear glasses.
- They started de-segregation of schools (mixing whites and blacks) and I was bussed to Crooms Jr. High School (a previous black only school) for 1 year.
- I took my 2nd trip overseas to visit my German Grandparents in Trier, Germany and accidentially bumped into an ex-boyfriend of my Mom's from the early 1950's before she met my Dad. I invited him home to my grandmother's and boy was my mother surprised not only at how much German I spoke, but also that I had the audacity to invite him home. She was also surprised that her mother let him in the house.
The High School Years
- I spent 3 years at Seminole High School in Sanford, Florida.
- I was in the Marching Band, Orchestra, Jazz Band and a special Quartet. I originally started playing the Saxiphone in 9th Grade, but switched over to the Trombone from the 10th thru the 12th Grade.
- While in the Marching Band, we had a special "Guillotine Routine" which only a select group of members remained on the field at the end of the half-time show and we performed our routine. We would also prance on and off of the field with a special "Shuffle" dance. It was the hightlight of the whole half-time.
- I graduated with the Class
of '76. (Click to see our Class
The Post School Years
- I joined the Navy
- I received my bootcamp initiation at the Orlando Training Center in
- I went to San Diego, California for Radioman A school training
- I was transferred to Charleston, South Carolina for further training
- I received my final billet to be stationed aboard the USS Oklahoma City CG-5 "Guided Missle Cruiser" based in Yokosuka, Japan
- I cross-decked to the USS Blue Ridge LC-19 "Amphibious Command
Ship" when the USS Oklahoma City was decomissioned in 1979
- I finished my military duty and stayed in Japan.
The Years and Years and Years in Japan
- Met a beautiful Japanese woman and had 3 children (all boys).
- Worked at Fujitsu International Engineering in the Nakahara factory for 1 year.
- I helped a friend of mine set up PROCOM Ltd. in downtown Tokyo and ran it with him for about 5-1/2 years.
- I then joined Micronics Japan Ltd.; a semiconductor prober/probe manufacturing company where I working in the Marketing Department developing an LCD prober for 3 years.
- I decided to go it on my own and set up my own consulting firm "International Consulting [IC]" in Tokyo and had a variety of customers (both Japanese & Overseas corporations) for 5 years.
- I finally joined Memorex Telex Japan in 1989 after the banks refused to grant me a loan to purchase a house as an individual consultant. I am still employeed here today.
- I wrote an article back in 1995 in the Nikkei Communications Magazine about "The Drawbacks of placing Switching Hubs in the Backbone".
- Gave a joint 4-company seminar with Otsuka Shokai, Soliton Systems; Novell at Novell's Tokyo office.
- Gave a joint 4-company seminar with Otsuka Shokai, Computer Associates; Novell at Otsuka Shokai's Osaka office.
- I currently diagnose NetWare and WinNT servers for bottleneck problems and various troubleshooting.
- Gave numerous security related presentations to various major corporations all over Japan
- Currently perform VPN Security Policy Design and Implementation.
- See all of the events under .
Back to my Homepage